Your Cotton&Co. bed will typically de delivered in four packages:
• Divan base set (part 1) including 6 glides (feet) and 2 headboard screws
• Divan base set (part 2) including 6 glides (feet) and 2 headboard screws
Items are heavy. Carry and assemble with two or more persons.
Mattress are packaged in a material bag and double wrapped in high-grade plastic. Headboards are wrapped in high-grade plastic with corner and edge protectors. Divan bed sets are wrapped in high-grade plastic with corner protectors.
Do not open any of the packaging with a knife as there is risk of damaging or cutting material.
ASSEMBLY OF THE DIVAN BASE
1. Position both divan base sets on their side.
2. Remove packages of 6 glides (feet) and 2 headboard screws from the bottom of each divan base set.
3. Insert the 6 glides (feet) into the prepared holes in each divan set, push by hand or tap in lightly with a hammer.
4. Position both divan base sets on to their feet and orientate the divan base sets into the desired room position, bringing the central faces together.
5. Swing the bracket arm to engage with the screw. A screwdriver may be needed to loosen the bracket arm and/or the screw.
6. Tighten the screws to fix the divan base sets together.
OPENING THE DRAWERS
1. All drawers are sewn shut for transport.
2. Once you have assembled your divan base set, using scissors carefully cut the material holding drawer shut.
3. Make the cut horizontally all the way across.
4. Once the cut has been made, excess material can be removed.
ASSEMBLY OF THE HEADBOARD
1. Remove the screw hole caps (x4) from head end of the divan base set(s).
2. Position floor standing headboard up to the divan base set, lining up the sides.
3. From the rear of the headboard insert the headboard screws (x4) through the headboard into the screw holes in the divan base set.
4. Tighten headboard screws (x4) ensuring that the headboard is pressed firmly against the divan base set.
5. Once connected position the divan base set and headboard into their final position in the bedroom.
POSITIONING OF MATTRESS
1. Do not carry the full weight of the mattress using the flag stitched handles. Only use the flag stitched handles to position the mattress.
2. Place mattress on to the divan base set.
3. Position the mattress using the flag stitched handles.
4. See Mattress Care and Advice.
5. Enjoy your Cotton&Co bed.